Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Internationalist

My order from Sephora arrived about 2 weeks ago. It was a bit of a mission to get the products and quite costly as Sephora don't deliver to Australia. All the products my fellow bloggers and tweeters write about & review I just want to get my hands on, but what you can get in the states is just not readily available here, and if they are they are SO expensive.

For example. Stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer is $22 US which converts to $25.40 AUD. In Australia at MECCA Cosmetics (poo poo!) they charge $60 for it!! It makes me so mad. I am yet to get the pleasure of trying any Stila cosmetics!
So the purchases I managed to get from Sephora, through PriceUsa (they have an agent in the States that purchase items for you then post them to Australia, this works out to be quite a mission & costly, I am unlikely to use that website again)

Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes - I really love this mascara! It's healthy food for your lashes, the colour is buildable, the brush is lovely and delicate, the packaging is amazing (purple faux snakeskin case) the product does not flake or feel chunky on the lashes

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ liquid foundation - I love the way it goes on and feels on the skin, it seems great for an oilier skin which will be better for me in Summer. I thought this was going to have a very full coverage, I may need to try with a powder though.

Smashbox Rescue Beauty - Photo Op Under Eye Brightener, Photo Finish Primer, Moisture Rich Lip Gloss, O-Glow, Illuminating Serum, Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst, Eye Shadow Quad in Bright Eyed - which friggin smashed in the box! The O Glow cheek colour is my favourite. If anyone knows of an easier way for me to get the products I oh so desire from overseas, please let me know.

x

1 comment:

  1. Aww I know,it's so frustrating not having easy access to certain product lines!
    I live in the UK and if there is anything you would like we could always come to some sort of paypal agreement/swap.I wouldn't be doing it for profit,just to help you out :-)

    My e-mail add is diamondsareagirlsbestmate@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete