Monday, October 19, 2009

read between the lines

Part of the learning process is studying styles, techniques, previous eras, fashions etc. It's all handy to know as I learned from reading The Amy Face (check out THIS blog post)

There's a lot you can learn from the Internet i.e YouTube & blogs but I have come to learn that books & magazines are full of everything you need to know, and they are obviously more hands on. I've purchased a couple of books to get my brain pumping.

Makeup Your Mind by François Nars
Helpful instruction, tips & tricks with great before and after shots, includes a clear template cover over each after photo, showing what & where each product has been applied. The book is a little clumsy as it has a hard cover then the pages have been ring bound inside,but the pictures are very clear and there is A LOT of written information. Around $60, well worth it.


Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin
Kevin's tips are fantastic and this book was a joy to read. He has covered many styles from basic looks, to past eras, to drag queens. The pictures are gorgeous and include Demi Moore, Courtney Love, Drew Barrymore + more! Priced at around $30 it's a little gem to have.
UPDATE:
I probably should mention that I got my books from Fishpond they have every book imaginable at fantastic prices :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment