My very dear friend is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to health; nutrition, healthy living and general well being. Here are best ways to keep you feeling great and in achieving and keeping your skin, youthful, glowing and healthy.
Regular exercise and daily dietary decisions are instrumental in creating beautiful, youthful and healthy skin!
The skin is an outward reflection of inner health, the development of skin conditions suggests overall health of the body is compromised and that organ congestion and nutrient imbalances have developed. Balance can be re-established by nourishing the body with fresh, clean wholefoods and supplements, enjoying regular exercise and achieving an appropriate work/life balance.
Top tips for beautiful healthy skin in addition to your daily beauty care routine:
1. Foods that feed the skin include beetroot, berries, brown rice, carrots, garlic, green leafy vegetables, paw paw, quinoa, raw nuts, sweet potato, turmeric
2. Hydrate the skin by drinking at least 1.5 litres of water daily
3. Choose unrefined, whole foods.
4. Protect yourself from the sun - especially between the hours of 11am and 3pm
5. Manage stress - use relaxation techniques as coping mechanisms to help prevent stress-related breakouts
6. Avoid touching your face, even at night
7. Use mineral powders instead of heavy foundations
8. Regularly clean makeup applicators
9. NEVER squeeze blemishes
10. Always remove makeup before going to bed
The Australian Heart Foundation has some amazing information on healthy living, eating and understanding fats & cholesterol. I highly recommend taking a look at the website, especially for the amazing RECIPE COLLECTION for meal planning, ideas and recipes to get you on your way to..... Healthy eating = healthy heart!