Friday, October 8, 2010

Make my day

Shopping shopping shopping.  I didn't go nuts but what I did buy was gold.  Some items I truly love that I would never have been able to get here or if I did, they'd be triple the cost! My faaaavouite stores clearly would be Sephora and Urban Outfitters.  I am absolutely in love with these stores.  Sephora sadly don't ship to Oz, but alas, Urban Outfitters do!  This is the BEST news ever haha and I have already put an order in since being home.

my best beauty buys from ol' US of A are...

1) Korres Watermelon Tinted Moisturiser

This product was my saving grace.  One of the 1st items I bought on my trip.  From Sephora at Westfield Culver City. Being summer in the states, and HOT I didn't want to wear much makeup but still wanted to be protected and even my skin tone.  This is SPF 30+ and the colour is great (sand), the texture smooth and so quick to put on.  Staying with boys for 2 weeks the last thing I wanted was to be in the bathroom all morning getting ready so I'd whack this on plus some eye makeup and was always ready for my closeups ;) 

2) Urban Decay Naked Palette
When it came to eye shadows, I went empty handed because this was something I knew i'd stock up on.  I had no idea on the hype surrounding this particular product, simply bought it because it was rad and good value.  Now its in high demand and people are frothing over it. This little palette contains 12 shades that work from day to night, stay on forever and have great colour payoff - winner!

3) Noir Tease by Victoria Secret
Eu De Parfum & Body Lotion
Sweet and sexy!  I fell in love with this scent when I was at Victoria Secret Culver City but didn't buy it.  When I went into the store in Beverly Hills 3 weeks later,  it was a nice surprise to find out the full size body lotion came free with the perfume, scoooore!

4) Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo
I'd being dying to get my hands on this but refused to pay over $70 here in Australia for it.  So for a tidy $39 I picked one up. A natural non orangey bronzer (a winner in the makeup world) with a sweet subtle pink peach blush, what more do you need huh?

5) Laura Mercier Mineral Powder
love it, but on par with most other mineral powders out there.  Was great to use over the top of my foundation or tinted moisturiser

Stay tuned for my Non Beauty Buys and the Best Eats!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment